Search Engine Optimization (SEO) -- Tech Briefing Notes
Presentation on SEO from Netconcepts.
- Have a keyword-rich and clear title.
- h1/h2 tags are ranked higher.
- Put keyword and words you want to index in the body text. Graphics with text embedded will not be indexed.
- Include keywords within the page content, but don't overdo it.
- Get others to link to your website.
- Use effective keywords with a service like Wordtracker, KeywordDiscovery, or Google's own Keyword Tool.
- Use Google Trends to identify other keywords and topics you can include in your title and website content.
- Anchor text is good for accessibility but is not useful for increasing PageRank.
- Fully index the site - check google "site:" to see what's been indexed.
- Stay away from using session IDs in the URI.
- Don't use "&" or "=" in the URI.
- Use 301 redirects, not 302's.
- Eliminate extra HTML code.
- ALT Attributes don't help SEO, unless you're trying to boost ranking in image search.
- Use, but don't overuse, META tags.
- Use the PageRank Search on SEO Chat