Configuring WYSIWYG editors and image handling is a laborious process, riddled with caveats and best practices. The number of contributed modules extending the WYSIWYG experience is vast, and their configuration can be a quagmire.
Likely you're already part of the way with your configuration. We'll aim to provide concepts forWhat we'll cover
- We'll go over how to consider input format creation.
- We'll look at how (and why) to configure better_formats and wysiwyg_filter.
- We'll talk about inline image options and why you might choose one method over another (IMCE vs insert).
- We'll cover some helper modules and configurations for image handling (filefield_paths, filefield_sources, pathauto , transliteration, insert, image_resize_filter, imce).
- We'll touch briefly on building Features of your configurations, and also pushing configuration into profiles
- We'll look at both D6 and D7, but mostly 7.
Notes from the meeting
Helper modules -
http://drupal.org/project/wysiwyg_filter - helps with output filters (elements, addl classes, etc)
http://drupal.org/project/image_caption - uses image title as caption
http://drupal.org/project/image_resize_filter - creates addl imagecache
http://drupal.org/project/itweak_upload - pretty interface for upload with icons
http://drupal.org/project/wysiwyg_fields - allows to add a icons for fields into rich text editor bar